IGNITION PROBLEMS

1993 Ford Explorer

1993 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic Exempt miles

I just got a new starter and replaced it. I cranked my truck and it sounded like the starter was still staying engaged. The wiring, starter, battery, alternator, and solenoid are all perfect and correct. Could this be my ignition switch in my column? Or are ther starters for my truck such as an inblock cam and an overhead cam? Please answer asap. Thank you very much for taking the time to read and hopefully answer this.
Codyshankle

The only engine available in 1993 was the 4.0 inblock cam. The 4.0 SOHC engine didn; t appear until later models.

Yes, the problem coulld be in your ignition switch. Start by unplugging the small wire from the starter. Check for voltage with the ignition switch in the " ON" position. If voltage is present, then the problem is farther back in the harness or switch. If voltage is NOT present, you have a short in the starter.

Jgarofalo