SPARK PLUG LOCATION

Ford Expedition

I HAVE A 1998 FORD EXPEDITION I WANT TO CHANGE THE SPARK PLUGS AND WIRES I DON'T SEEM TO SEE WHERE THEY ARE LOCATED DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE EXACTLY THEY ARE LOCATED AND WHAT TYPE IT TAKES?
MARMAR72

On the V-8 engines, the spark plugs are right next to the fuel injectors. It almost looks like each cylinder has two fuel injectors. One is really a spark plug with electric coil installed on the top of it. Be very careful in removing and reinstalling the spark plugs as it very easy to strip the threads out of the head. Then the dealer will be charging you huge bucks to replace the head(s).

68gtxman
I'm a novice shade tree mechanic but I do like to work on my Cars. I dont know how to get all the spark plugs out to change them, seems like the ones at the rear of the engine are so far under the firewall that the engine needs to be dropped to replace them any hints on how to fix would greatly appreciated.

KnoxK