THUMP WHEN PUT INTO AND INITIALLY DRIV

2004 Ford Expedition

Noises problem
2004 Ford Expedition 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 60000 miles

When parallel parking, and initially driving in reverse while turning the wheel, there is a loud THUMP noise. It seems like it is coming from the middle of the car, but hard to tell. We took the car to Firestone, and they said it seemed like a transmission issue, and to take it to the dealership. The dealership tightened some bolts, and lubed some parts on the axle, and the thump stopped for a few hours, but it is thumping again. Can you please let me know what I should ask them to check, when I take it back?
Cshinn711

It is hard for me to say since I don't know what they tightened or lubed. The only thing I can think of is u-joints may have been greased. Also, if the sound comes from the center, you may have had a loose trans mount. Do you remember what they tightened? It should be on the receipt if you still have it.

Let me know.