BLINKERS

2001 Ford Expedition

2001 Ford Expedition V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 52000 miles

i would like to know how to fix my blinkers, they stopped working, brake lights work, when brakes are on and I turn on the blinker the light dims as if only the lights are on, hazard light work as well, my expd. Has the turn signals on the mirrors as well and they are not working either, please help.
Jeckyl1000

Indicators on dash working or no?

Do you hear the relay clicking?

Blackop555
No indicators, and there is no noise

Jeckyl1000
So your getting no response. Have you checked all of your fuses yet? May be time for a new relay. Or you can try jumping the control terminals on the relay and turning the switch to see if a light will turn on even if its steady.

You say the brake lights dim. How much and do they pulse with how the turn signal would flash?

Blackop555
The brake light just simply goes out, the light is what is produced from the normal light being on, I have not yet checked the fuse yet, but I will do that this morning.

Jeckyl1000
If they go out sounds like your brake switch is working. Next step is checkign the wiring harness and the relay and fuse

Blackop555