WINDSHIELD WIPER NOT WORKING

1998 Ford Expedition

1998 Ford Expedition 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 280000 miles

A few months ago, my windshield wiper on the passenger side stops working. The driver wiper works and functions perfectly fine, but the passenger side doesn’t move at all when I turn on the wipers. I suspect the motor, but my question is why would only one stop working and not both? Any advice? Also, what should I do to repair this problem?
Tyjhalon

There is a cover on the bottom end of the wiper arm. Remove the cover and turn the wipers on. If the post in the center under the cover is turning, turn the wipers off and tighten the nut holding the wipers on. If no nut there and you can't see the post, look under the arm. You can see the knurled post sticking into the arm. If its turning, linkage is ok. The wiper arm might be stripped. If it's not turning, the linkage came apart. It's under the cowling and is an easy repair. Good luck

Don Oliver