HELL IF I KNOW...

Ford Escort

Ford Escort, 98, 157,000 miles. I was riding my station wagon down the highway the other day, I was going about 70 mph and all of a sudden my speedometer just shuts down and goes to zero along with every other display. The engine was still running but seemed like it was ready to stall out so I stopped on the side of the road and turned the engine off. I gave it a couple minutes then tried to start it but it didnt cut on. Later on I had it towed to my house where my dad looked at it and got it to run again until my car just stalled out and would not come back on. My brother thinks something is wrong with the computer inside but I think it also has something to do with the cooling system also but I have no clue.
TomHN53

I would replace the transmission speed Sensor if you want to take a shot at it. Other wise.A dealer might have to take a look at it.

Mikeybdman