STICKING

Ford Escort

I just bought a used 94 Ford Escort. It is and automatic but it sticks between 2nd and third, and runs the rpm high. Now if I start in Low and shift it into to Drive at just the right time it works fine.

I thought maybe it as a vaccum hose. But not sure now. I was told if you can shift it up to drive then it is the transmission. Do you have any ideas how I can fix it. I have to do it my self.

It also seem to have like a rubbing sound on the drive front side. Caliper, rotor and brakes pads look fine. Could it be the bearing.

I have to fix this my self. Husband got hurt on the job, or he would. I have fixed many different things on cars but bearing I have not.

Sure hope you can anwer these for me. With him being off work. Having a rough time and can't afford to take it in or have it get worse.
Way2kool

Did you check the level of the oil in the transmission when the motor is hot & transmission is in park & running (oil should be pinkish- red)
If foamy & burned looking, oil, pan gasket & filter need to be changed Not a job for a average person with no pit or hoist (just done mine recently)
Check to see if the dust shield (metal piece something like a paartial pie plate) to see if it is doing the rubbing as they eventially rot off

Dude
Thank you for replying. Transmission fluid is dirty looking. Clear when I stick my finger in it.

Will see if I can get those things change that you suggested.

Still not sure what you mean but dust Shield is that around the tired area rotor or caliper area?

Patty

Way2kool
In behind the rotor, positioned vvertically, if it is rusted out you will be able to wiggle it easily compared to a new one which is quite rigid.
Replacement part about $20 US from dealer, remember theirs a left and a right if you order & one wont fit the other

Dude