AIR CONDITIONING ON

Ford Escort

1995 Ford Escort 1.9L engine, 128,000 miles. The A.C. Clutch engages for 3 seconds then disengages. I bypassed the clutch cycling swith and the problem still occurs. There is a relay on the firewall I can here clicking. Would that be the problem?

Freon is fine, however I tested the wire that goes to the AC clutch at the relay, it tested fine. Checked at the clutch and my test light stays on even when the clutch kicks out. Would this be a short between the relay and the AC clutch?
Tx_wolfman

Sounds like your low on freon.

Bootdog
On a 95 Escort LX there are 2 relays for the AC. One is a clutch cut out relay, the other is the main AC relay. They are located on the firewall passenger side. The one on the outside is the cut out. The relays are the same so I bought one and tried on the cut out - didn't work. So I put it in the main relay and everything worked fine. I thought I would post how I fixed it just in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

Tx_wolfman