92 NO START

1992 Ford Escort

Recently bought a 92escort -- ran fine then one day died after driving a short distance.

Now I got no start at all -- engine turns but no go

Checked spark - there is power to the coil, but no spark with plug pulled and grounded /fuelpump -- no power to fuel pump --- fuel shutoff relay button is in and has power. There are roughly 6 wires to pump - single pole has low power with key on - guessin it's the fuel gauge.

no wires are disconnected that I can tell - no fuses are
are blown -- i'm thinkin maybe brain or other such but.
also attempted to check relays and such with a plug in code tester -- it will not function at all -- no relays checked and no codes returned -- it does function properly otherwise -- book for tester states if no relays checked in keyon - engine off test -- then some problem is there and needs to be addressed 1st.
Tuffun

Not sure what engine you have but sounds like a module problem. Is it a dis system? If car ran fuel don't sound to be the problem but spark does change the module.(NOS)

NOS
By module - u mean the computer or the coil pack?
And yes the car ran fine for bout a week.
Then konked out going down the street

if I remember right it's a 2.3L - 5speed - not that it matters

Tuffun
If it doesn't have a distributor, then I asume it is the coil pack type system. The module is a little grey looking thing with about six or seven wires and it is usualy mounted in a heatsink looking deal to keep it cool it is only about three inches long an and an inch one half wide. The crank sensor or the cam sensor sends a signal to it to make the coil pak fire.(NOS)

NOS