2.0 SOHC - 57000 MILES PLEASE HELP!

1998 Ford Escort

Scanner says four problems:
1) #1 cylinder misfire
2) #2 cylinder misfire
3) Running lean on fuel
4) Clutch Switch failure

I did old fashioned fire test. Removed #1 wire and stuck screwdriver in it and placed near frame. Spark seemed fine but I replaced plugs, plug wires and coil pack anyway. Still doing same thing.

It is running rough as though it is misfiring or running out of gas-jerks. Going down highway jerks intermittently then smoothes out then jerks again. Somedays when started doesn't seem to miss a beat, somedays engine misses horribly. But always jerks a little here and there as though misfiring.

Could this be the fuel injectors? Is there a test I can do at home on them to see if they are working properly? Or should I just replace them and see if that is what the problem is. This engine uses no oil and oil stays new looking from oil change to oil change. I've run 3 or 4 cans of B-12 through it and another " best you've got" injector cleaner I got from the automotive store. I cannot afford 100's of Dollars of repair costs and hope to fix this problem myself.

Please, what can it be?
Thank you to ANYONE who can help out
Mainky

Have you replaced the fuel filter? Try swapping the injectors and see if the problem follows them. Make sure all the wiring for them is clean and tight.

Good luck and let us know. : )

Peppermrj