BATTERY BEING DRAINED

1994 Ford Escort

1994 Ford Escort 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 159000 miles

My radio has been acting weird on me lately, coming on and off by itself--my car has not started two different times, when I would turn the key you would hear just one click and after half an hr or so I would try it again and it had recharged itself. The battery is not even 3yrs old and I just had my car checked out before the snow started flying. Could the radio be doing this or something else I should look at? I just pulled the fuse for the radio, not sure that will do any good or not. Thanks for your help
Momgowen

Post subject: 1994 Ford Escort Battery being drained

Get a test light and disconnect the negative battery cable now put the light between the cable and battery negative post is the light On? If so start removing fuses one at a time -the fuse that turns off the light is the trouble circuit. Then break out the electrical wiring diagram.

In the event you removed all the fuses and the light is still On disconnect the alternator batt. Feed and the connector-if this one turns off the light-the alternator has bad diodes.