CHECK ENGINE LIGHT - EMMISIONS

2003 Ford Escape

2003 Ford Escape 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 65000 miles

4 error codes reoccur regarding O2 sensor heater circuit. First occurence also showed gas cap problem. Changed that and that code dropped off but no luck on the O2 sensor errors(all 4). I forgot.15amp fuse keeps blowing the circuit. I replace the fuse, clear the codes and drives fine. It's when I shut off the vehicle the fuse blows. I changed the purge valve but it wasn't fixed. I checked/reseated the O2 sensor connections and for a couple days I was ok. Just a matter of luck? Then. Blown fuse. There was still a slight amount of pressure buildup when I released the gas cap. I'll try another cap. Maybe it's a coincidence. Bad cap. But could I be that lucky.

I saw that another gentleman's posting and he has the same error codes and symptoms.

What do you make of this? I wonder if he got his fixed and what was it? No emissions testing here in KY. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

How big of donation $$$$ are you looking for? I must have overlooked it in the literature. I'll look again. I have a '93 Nissan with a similar problem.
Manestis

What do you have for codes?
Which fuse that keep on burning?
Gas cap will not cause a fuse to blow
have to check wiring harness check around the exhaust manifold
let me know

BMRFIXIT
I appreciate the feedback. Error codes I'm getting are.P0443. The mini-fuse that blows is 15A under the hood in the O2 sensor heater circuit. All 4 O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction codes show. 0135, 0141, 0155, and 0161.

With 4 kids and 6 vehicles on the road I can use all the help I can get. Thank you. I forgot my paypal account information but will gladly dontate.

Manestis
1st step should be checking o2 sensors wiring if touching the exhaust system
look a melted wire
Good luck

BMRFIXIT