CRANKS BUT NO START

2001 Ford Escape

2001 Ford Escape 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 184000 miles

Just today my car was running fine then an hour later I was going to leave and the car would not start it cranks but it sounds slower then usual. The battery is good there is spark and fuel but it sounds like it cranks fast then it slows down right away. I checked the plugs coil and wires and I see sparks and the plugs are still clean.
La1528

Hi la1528 and TY for the donation

Double check the battery and connection if okay. Check the starter could be the overrunning clutch slipping if not check the fuel pressure to make sure its within specs and for injection pulses.

There is spark and fuel: what's left here now is verify that the valve and ignition timing is correct. You can have fuel and spark if the valve and ignition timing is off she won't start, wrong firing sequence.

What is (starter could be the overrunning clutch slipping) and how could timing be off? Bad tps?

La1528
How could timing be off? Bad tps? This has nothing to do with your problem -The problem is cranking

If you're so sure that the battery and connectiions are good -Drop the starter and get it load tested.

The starter checked out good the cams ain't spinning and the next day I cranked they spun then today I checked and they ain't spinnin. Possibly timing belt?

La1528
Camshaft/s not turning sound like the timing belt is stripped doing that