DRIVE SHAFT

1999 Ford E-Series Van

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1999 Ford E-Series Van V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 70,000 miles

First off I have no access to air tools. I need to replace the U joints asap. I tried to remove one of the four bolts that connect it to the rear and screwed that one up. I then tried the other three to see if maybe those would come out and also had no luck. I sprayed them a couple of days before along with hit them a couple of times with a hammer before I started with the 1/2 drive. I never thought something so easy could be so hard. Would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks. PS: I would have no problem paying but lost my job about three weeks ago and this is one of the reasons I'm trying to do this myself.
Eastcoast9

By screwed it up, im assuming you rounded off one of the bolts? Do you have access to a small torch? Like a mapp gas torch used for soldering? If so, try heating up the flange where the bolts go into, and any bolts that you may have damaged the heads on, try hammering on a socket smaller in diameter. If this doesnt work, then your going to need access to an oxygen-acetylene torch, and a good pair of visegrip locking pliers. Once you get the 4 bolts out, your going to have a whole entire other battle trying to change the u-joints. If your tackling this job, then I assume your going the hammer and socket routine for changing the u-joint. Keep in mind the retaining rings are probally all rusted, and wont come out easy.

Madmike1735