CROWN VIC.

2000 Ford Crown Victoria

2000 Ford Crown Victoria V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 129000 miles

ok I have a problem that I can't figure out. I washed my cars motor, nothing I have seen has ever leaked or anything but now the car is running rough or is missing, even when I heated up the motor on the highway, now every now and then the engine light flashes which means malfunction or something is wrong. Steady check light is usually meaning it needs to be serviced. When I washing the car and somehow, the injectors get wet or the idle control gets wet will that cause it to kill and injector and make it run rough or will it dry out? Or what does it sound like is wrong to you? When its running the motor is rough and also the car sounds like it missing or there is something plugged in the muffler like buh buh buh buh buh buh buh sounds
Stevclark

Hi there,

This is sounding like a water short problem, you may have to dry our all the electrical connectors as water may be trapped under the rubber boots and it may take some time to dry on its own, the check light may just be a multi miss fire code, but you should get a scan done to make sure, start here.

Mhpautos