CAR WONT JUMP

Ford Contour

'99 ford contour v6. 101,000 on the clock. That car has been super great over the years other then a past electrical problem that was fixed around 80,000 involving an alternator. The car has been sitting for about 2 months now and has not been started.(Bought a new car and there was no need to drive it) now it has to be driven. Knowing that the battery would be dead I brought over some jumper cables to jump it. I got in the car and it wanted to make noise but I sounded like a dying dog trying to bark, and interior light was very dim. I had the neg on the block of the car and pos on the battery just like you are supposed to, but right after it tryed I connected it boom there was no power to the car. So I took the connection off and boom the dying dog was back. Then I thought well I might hurt myself but let me connect neg to neg and pos to pos.I did that and there were quick spark or too but the horn started blowing full strength. It has no alarm installed and never did. I remember hearing somewhere that there was a safety feature somehow in many fords that somehow locked the cars down or made the horn go off if it is being jumped or hotwired or something. Please help I need my car running again. Battery is about 7 months old so I am sure it can still hold a charge. Thank you
Bienfang84

Possible the original battery is too dead to jump properly. Try locking and unlocking the drivers door with the key, should shut alarm off.

Jack42