FUEL PUMP

1999 Ford Contour

1999 Ford Contour 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

Car came without a manual and we have been trying to locate the fuel pump. Does someone know where it is?
Studnt4art

Pull up the rear seat and remove large rubber grommet. You can access pump but it will not fit through the hole. I took a pair of visegrips and bent outside edge back to remove strainer and pump. You can bend them back down when you are done. Not real professional but it will work.

Engineman 73
Thank you very much for your reply. Now we need to figure out how to get the rear seat out. Lol

Studnt4art
The best I can remember is pulling up pretty. Try 1 person on each side and jerk upward.

Engineman 73
Thanks! Got it

Studnt4art
Wow we got the fuel pump out but the fuel lines connects disintegrated. Normal? Will the ford parts dealer be able to order for us new fuel lines and do you need anything special to attach those? Please any info we need that you know would be a huge help. We will be going in tomorrow morning for the pump. Thanks again, you guys are awesome!

Studnt4art
Hi, what tore up fuel lines on pump or lines that disconnect from pump? If they are lines on pump they come with new pump module. If the lines going to pump tore up you will have to replace them from dealer. Most fuel lines either have a clip that holds them in place or a tool from autozone that slips in behind line to disengage. Use caution when working around fuel tank the vapors are rising and spreading out and a spark would cause an explosion. Disconnect battery and disconnect power plug at pump. Clean surface well and use a light coating of heavy grease on rubber o-ring to seal new pump module with tank ring. After you install new pump turn key on but do not try to start for 10 seconds to pump up pressure. Any other questions reply and I will try to help.

Engineman 73