FAILING ELECTRICAL PARTS

1999 Ford Contour

1999 Ford Contour 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

hey guys. My 1999 ford contour se. Just gave me a big problem. As I was driving I turned on my fog lamps and all of a sudden a weird noise came from the steering wheel column as I put the turning signal on. Then I tried the emergency hazrds and the noise came again. Then I tried again to put the hazrds and they wouldnt work no more. But my brake lights did. Then I got home and turned off my car. Then came back to turn it on. And it wouldnt get off the pakr shift. Position. Seems like the car was locked to the park possition. So I open the little lever square that has the letters on it. The p, r, d, 1, and 2. And it seemd like there is no communication telling the lever to unl0ock itself to move to another position. And now my horn wont work and my brake lights dont come on only idle lights do. And my horn dont work either. And my signals and hazrads. What can be the problem?
Witeboy07