TRANSMISSION LEAK UNDER FRONT BUMPER (CO

1997 Ford Aerostar

1997 Ford Aerostar 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 125000 miles

My Aerostar leaks about a 6oz of transmission fluid per week from under the front bumper. Couldi it be the cooler? I keep filling it and it shifts fine except when extremely cold (5 degrees F).

any idea what part could be leaking? Any idea of the cost of repairs?

i know a fluid leak is pretty vague and I should probably have the tranny overhauled (ie van taken to scrap yard) with that many miles on her, but i'd like to get a few more miles out of her.

any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Chebucto

Actually, this is a very cheap job to repair. Chances are the cooling lines that attach to the radiator are leaking. Honestly, the trans if fine. Check the cooling lines to the radiator that come from the trans. Some have rubber hose that clamp on others have a bolted unit, and some have a quick connect. Check what you have and let me know.

NOTE: If the trans is shifting fine, just make sure to keep it full. It should be a cheap repair.

Let me know what you find.