CAR NEEDS JUMPER CABLES TO START

2005 Ford 500

2005 Ford 500 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 82000 miles

The car runs fine once on. Once I take the key out of the ignition and re-insert it to crank it back up it won't start. I have to jump it to get it run'n. Once its off the odometer is juping up and down between 0-5 mph repititvly, and ther is a sound. At first I thought it was the alternator but. The truck(
econoline 150) nedded a new one and at first the radio goes out then car cuts off. It took me three jumps to get me from fort pierce to jensen. My ford 500 drove normal once I got it jumped and I drove from vero to jensen. The ac worked fine, the radio, everything was runnin fine. Once I got home I took the key out and then tried to crank it up, nothing.I don't have a clue on what the problem is. Please write back. Thank you for time.
Dolfinz85