FIAT SPIDER WATER PUMP PROBLEM

1969 Fiat Spider

Engine Cooling problem
1969 Fiat Spider 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 152, 00 miles

On the water pump shaft is a groove which holds a split spring retaining" collar. To the front of that I found a copper washer dished over it allowing the fanbelt-electromagnetic fan-clutch assy to ride back against the water pump itself. I had thought the wobble was in the water pump shaft itself, but found it was due to the losening of the assembly due to this dishing of the copper washer. I could find no instruction as to any additional washer or spacer in this space, nor the tightening of the nut on the front of the pulley assy itself. It would seem that a copper washer is not suff icient in this space.
Thank you for any info you can provide.I have looked over many sources for information on this little area.
Dan P
Afiat