'93 UNO 1100 IE:UNEVEN IDLING

Fiat Other

I have a bit of a an issue with the " wannabe" Ferrari.

I had the car serviced two months ago, and have recently replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter. That's worked fine for a while now, but was on the road today and the car started idling very irregularly. It was as if the car was revving itslef.

Anyhow so I called the RAC for their opinion, guy came out and related to me that it was the idle speed control valve/stepper motor that was jammed open. He also said that this was the first time that he had come across this on a FIat and that the Audis were notorious for this same problem.

I guess my question is, being very skint after having had my folks over from S.A, is this something one can repair without having to purchase a new unit, and if I have to purchase a new unit or both, how complicated would it be to replace.

Furthermore, I managed to drive the car home today, and it ran ok I 'spose but it is rather annoying having the car sound like it is at the start line to a drag race(not that it would get anywhere, being an UNo).

It had also being cutting out intermittently before today, could this have been an indication of the probelm? Hence the reason I had replaced the fuel pump.

Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Nbrucher

Check for vacuum leaks. Repalce the crankshaft position sensor

Dave H