CLUTCH ISSUE - HELP

2003 Fiat Multipla

2003 Fiat Multipla 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 84000 miles

I had a new clutch (failed bearing) put in 5000 miles ago. Since then the clutch has been notchy. Sometimes you can feel the clutch grabbing when in gear and pedal fully down. When accelerating the gears are fine. But when you come to a junctio and push the clutch in you can feel the clutch grabbing (only happens sometimes) and it becomes hard to put in gear. If this happens you can lift the clutch pedal slightly to biting point and push back down, this will then get rid of the clutch grab and the engine idles normally.
I have bled any air out and put in a new slave. The master cylinder seem to be not leaking and there is no play in the pedal.
I have taken it back to the garage and they are soon to put in a new clutch (their cost).
There is 2 sizes of clutch plate for this model - a 298mm and a 300mm. Would a wrong size plate cause this?
Can a master cylinder fail without leaking or showing free play? Will it push air into the cluch fluid without leaking?

Graham.
M.bedwell@sky.com

The clutch may be mis-aligned

Dave H