MODELS CLUTCH REPAIR

1991 Ferrari Other

1991 Other Ferrari Models V12 70,000 miles

Recently purchased a Ferrari Testarossa. The day that it was bought and driven it was experiencing problems. Drove it just over an hour and there car had to be pulled off the road and eventually AAA took it back to the dealer.
Seems that there was a problem with the clutch. It was advised to take it back to the dealer for obvious reasons. Eventually the blame was placed on both sides so the agreement was that the repair costs are split 50/50.
The dealer who is specialized in repairing sports cars claimed that the costs were approximately $4,800. So it would cost me $2,400. My question is how much does it cost to repair or better said replace the clutch? Did I overpay or is it the price paid for owning a fast car? Your opinion is much appreciated.
Scooby.331@hotmail.com