ENGINE PROBLEM

1993 Honda Civic • 122,000 miles

I have a 1993 honda civic lx carburetor type, my problem is when I hit the accelerator pedal fast reaching the rpm to 3, it seems that it will stop a bit on 1 or 1.5 then proceed. What would be the problem?
Stormrage

Sounds like what is called a "flat spot' in the carburetor. This is a problem with the accelerator pump in the carb.
However, try cleaning the carb. With carburetor cleaner. If this works then, problem solved. If not, then a carb overhaul may be in your near future.

Freemba
Hi freemba,

Thanks for the reply, I already cleaned my carburetor 2 months ago, is it already dirty again? Its so annoying when I pass an uphill and when its traffic as soon as I step on the pedal I tend to loose power and restart.

Stormrage
Your carb is not likely clogged again. Must likely problem ia a faulty accelerator pump I the carburetor. You'll have to have a carb overhaul to correct this problem.

Freemba
Thank you so much sir for the advice, it was indeed a great site to have an expert that I have been looking on the internet.

Stormrage