ENGINE KNOCKING

2007 Toyota Corolla • 80,000 miles

Hi, I have a Toyota axio sedan model-2007,1500 CC, automatic transmission. I have been driving it for a year now. Just recently the engine started producing knocking sounds, I have already done these things on advices from different car mechanics { Catalytic converter removed from the exhaust pipe, engine tuning done, fuel injector cleaner liquid applied in the fuel tank, have started getting high grade fuel }. However the engine knocking is still there and it happens more frequently when I accelerate especially driving up hill and with mutiple passengers in the car. The only thing pending in my view is replacement of spark plugs. Please help in understanding as to what could be the reason for this knocking and what is the cure. Many thanks
Aliabbasg

Try shorting a plug out while engine is running one plug at a time. If the knock goes away it may be internally and should be looked at soon