SUGGESTIONS FOR HEAD GASKET PROBLEMS 92 TSI AWD

1992 Eagle Talon

I have a 92 eagle talon. Its turboed and all wheel drive. It has a 2.0 straight four cylinder engine in it with about 1455,000 miles on it and I keep on losing all of my oil and I end up finding it on my drive way. From what I can tell from having it up on a lift, I beleive it is the head gasket that is blown. (I hear that talons are famous for blowing the head gaskets from alot of people.) But anyways I suppose I will have to replace the head gasket, but here is the part I dont get. From reading articles on the web and talking to other D.S.M. Owners they say that if I use just a regular head gasket again that I should be ready to redo it all in 30,000 miles or so, they all recomened using a copper head gasket and the copper gaskets all the way around the engine as well. Is goin with a copper head gasket the right solution to solve my problem for a more than average length of time? Or are talons famous for leaking the oil from anywhere else like the turbo that I could go and re check to make shure? Thak you very much for your helpful input!
Joshwitdatalon

Just kidding. Never heard of such things.U bellieve exactly these info over the web. Geeee.I wander if these people make a living working on cars only. OEM gasketis fine. Oil leak must be sure b4 pulling head.I haven't heard of or seen oil leak fr gasket on mitsubishi yet ( I work on cars for a living only). Msg me if u need more info.30K change head gasket. Thats a myth and fairy tales. Heh heh heh haw haw haw haw. Heeeeee hawwwww

Kin chan
Hi, I saw your question just after I posted mine, I'm going through the same problem, but wasn't told anything bout needed copper head gaskets. And so far I haven't found mine leaking anywhere else. (Non-turbo) hope this helps get a gauge on the prob, common yet a OEM part will likely be all it takes to get your leak stopped

Kayjeb
U should apply to be a moderator here. Make more sense than a lot of mechanic I encounter in real life.

Kin chan