ENGINE BOGS.

1995 Eagle Talon

1995 Eagle Talon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual

Hello, my name is marc and I have an eagle talon tsi with a 4g63t in it and I have a question. The car will start up fine and will run fine, but after a minute or so it would bog down and lose power even while sitting in the garage and yuo rev it from the engine it wont accelerate. I checked the timing, replaced the spark plugs and gapped them right, checked the o2 sensor and is good, changed the fuel pump, did a fuel pressure test and it was good. The only other 3 things I could imagine it being is either the fuel pressure regulator, throttle position sensor or a maf sensor but I want a mechanics opinion on what the major thing is wrong with it or if I am missing anything.
Chester22

The big things that I found wrong with that engine was timing belt problems, upstream and downstream O2 sensors and once, a catalytic converter. Moniter it with a scan tool and use that tool to reset the MIL lamp also. It may have been fixed already but it was nec. To use electronics to relearn the PCM after a disasterous emmissions failure. The country was very prone to the newer legislation at the time of software developement for fuel and spark management and those took a back seat to possible emmissions problems. And it made sense at the time, but they have since gotton a little more common sense to fixing this stuff. I did mostly transmissions at that time on them.

Ch112063