NEW ENGINE OR CAN IT BE FIXED?

1994 Eagle Talon

1994 Eagle Talon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual

Over 2 years I have been trying to figure out what to do about my 1994 Eagle Talon. It has a 4 cylinder dual overhead cam engine that overheated 2 or 3 times when the water pump quit. Because of the position of the pump being able to hit 3 different timing marks when replacing the belts was required. Apparantly one timing mark was off by 6 notches. It only turns over and over now. I have left it a local shop for over a year only to be told they couldn't find another motor for it. Is another motor my only option? Since the aluminum heads are possibly warped b/c of overheating and the rods are probably bent b/c of the timing mark mishap is it possible to find the parts needed to rebuild the existing motor? What parts would I need exactly? Since it has set now for probably 2 years how can I tell if it would be feasible to even try to fix it or is it time for the junkyard.
Sololwrider

You should still be able to locate parts at a recycle yard ! You could always buy a new head and valves form a dealer. Ring them for the price. If you supplied the vin # I could get a price for you. You could also have the head removed and tested to see if it is warped. And to see how many valves would need to be replaced. Hope this helps.

Dave H