WATER LEAKING ABOVE STARTER

Dodge Stratus

I have a 2000 stratus there is antifreeze leaking above the starter can't see what it coming from car just started to over heat one day no other problems beside that day. Now when adding water or antifreeze it pours out of that area.
Husker

Which engine do you have?

Mikeybdman
2.5 v6

Husker
Have you removed the starter? It looks like there is a freeze plug right above and behind the starter. Some times those plugs can corrode around and either come out, or start to leak. With the starter removed, you should be able to see if it is the plug. If it is, then I would remove the plug, and clean the area. Inspect for cracks in the block, and install a new plug. If that new one leaks, I believe they make oversized plugs that may seal it up. I had a head leak at a freeze plug once, and I removed it, and installed a new one. I could see a crack spread when I inserted the new plug. Hope that is not the case for you.
Now, if it is not the plug, you are just going to have to remove things until you can see where the fluid is coming from.
Good luck

Mikeybdman