COOLANT LOSS

Dodge Stratus

I just brought a dodge stratus 2001 85,500 mi. The car overheats after about 45 minutes of driving. The system has no real leaks, all the fluid comes out of the reservoir boiling. I've changed the thermostat, temperature sensor, temperature switch, radiator cap, reservoir, and tighten hoses. I also added some stopleak in the radiator. Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated.
Smcguire

Adding stop leak to your radiator just compounded the problem. It blocks the coolant vanes and reduces coolant flow.

If the coolant hasn't been changed with that many miles it has degraded and causes serioius deposits in the radiator. I am afraid you may need a new one. Good luck

Losone
Hi I have a 1992 eagle talon tsi with 750cc injectors and ported heads just last week my car was running great but know it is blowing smoke when I accelerate only, I discoverd some oil leaking by the injectors could this be the problem?

Rik_James
I've flushed the radiator and refilled it with the pressure filler ( it gets the air out of the system ). I dont know what to do. I've just about changed everything. HELP

Smcguire
I have seen Chrysler products break water pump impelllers, perhaps about a dozen or so in the past 40 years but it would cause your problem.

My personal choice is to remove the radiator and have it rodded if they can--adding stop leak is a bad idea because it restricts the water flow even more by collecting in small areas.

What engine do you have?

Losone
You have a blown head gasket exaust is leaking into your resavoire the preasure is forcing all the fluid out. I had the same problem on my LHS. A temp fix would be to get a new cap rated at least 19 pounds this would stop the blow by. Worked for me. But get your headgasket changed soon.

Daddyjojo35