ANTIFREEZE

2004 Dodge Stratus

Engine Cooling problem
2004 Dodge Stratus

What kind of antifreeze do I put into my car and where can I get some?
Also does the engine have to be on or off when putting in antifreeze and how much do I need?
Bluerose1987

Hi there,

You can get the anti freeze from any auto parts store, they will advise on the best brand to suit your needs, the mixing ratio will be clearly written on the container so follow the instructions and you should not go wrong, the old coolant should be flushed out and the new added with clean water the engine should be off, then when full run till the thermostat opens and the air is bleed out of the system, do this with the heater on, and make sure that the heater gets hot as well. If you have any doubts, get a mechanic to do this for you.

Mhpautos
Thank you for your help but there is one question you did not answer the most important one. What kind of antifreeze do I need for my car?

Bluerose1987
Hi there,

As am in Australia I am not that sure what you have there, but I have been informed that Artic blend is a good product, check that out.

Mhpautos