CAR HORN STUCK ON

2000 Dodge Stratus

2000 Dodge Stratus 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 182000 miles

Please help!

I have a 2000 dodge stratus with a horn that won't stop honking. I have the airbag off. I can of course get it to stop honking by removing the fuse or by disconnecting the wire from the horn bracket. It appears that everything is where it needs to be, but it's almost like things are backwards. When the horn bracket is in it's resting state, the horn blows (so it is grounded when it's not depressed). When I depress it, the horn stops (the connection to ground is broken. I'm wondering if the screw, spring and plastic washer are installed incorrectly, but I can not see another way to install them. They way they are right now is that the screw goes in from the front side of the bracket, then the washer with the flange going through the hole in the horn bracket and finally the spring. Also, could it be that the relay is bad?
Gommck

Hello gommck

the horn sounds continuously.
The most likely causes are a stuck horn switch or relay contacts.
To determine the cause, disconnect the relay and check for continuity across the horns feed contacts. If there is continuity, the relay contact are stuck and the relay should be replaced. If there no continuity between the contact, the horn button assembly is diffectiv

Mathiaso