OIL PRESSURE SENSOR

1999 Dodge Stratus

1999 Dodge Stratus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 202002 miles

I have a 1999 Dodge Stratus with the 2.4 liter engine. I just changed the oil and filter and the dipstick shows full. The engine runs great but when it drops down to idle. The engine oil light comes on solid or sometimes flickers. Can you please tell me where the oil pressure sensor is located so I can replace it? It has never done this before and I have always changed the oil every 3000 to 5000 miles.
I have always used Quaker State 5W30 this is what the book calls for. I used a Wix #51348 oil filter.
The engine is running great but when I come to a stop at idle the oil light comes on. Only when it is idling. As soon as I apply gas the light goes off.
Please can you help me?

Thanks!
Cscrab

The oil pressure switch on right front side of engine block

Is this near the firewall or facing the front of the car?
If I am facing the front of the car. Where would I find it? Is it close to the oil filter? I really need a little more info please.

Thanks so much for your help!

Cscrab
Standing in front of the car it'd be on the left side-normally they are close to the oil filter. Not really familiar with this engine-just using my software-no pic available-don't really know if its a transverse engine. If its a transverse engine facing the timing cover it should be on the right side of the engine. Sorry

It will look like this

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_getimage_2.jpg

Facing the front of the car. The timing cover is on the left side. On the right side is the transmission.
So where would it be? So appreciate you helping me!
Does this info help you?

Cscrab
Its gonna be on the firewall side of the engine

The timing cover and belts face to the left side of the car. The passenger side.
Does this help?

Cscrab
Ok. On the firewall side will it be close to the oil filter or where.I really had trouble finding it.
The pics you posted looks exactly like the one they showed me at O'Reilly's Auto Parts.

Cscrab
Facing the belts on the pax side of the car not in front of the vehicle the switch is gonna be on the left side of the engine firewal side.

Ok. So is it reachable from the top. Or climb under the car and look?
Thanks so much for all the help you are providing!

Cscrab