BURNING OIL

Dodge Ram

I have a 99 Dodge Ram 1500 with 31K miles and a small V8 maybe a 318 engine. As you can tell I do not use the truck very often. I have noticed that the truck has been using more oil between changes than usual. One time in the fall I took a long trip of 600 miles, and after coming home I checked the oil and noticed I was down 3 quarts of oil. I do not see any leakage on the ground or on the engine so I must assume that I am burning it. What would make a truck with only 31K miles start burning oil?

Just heard from my mechanic all compression readings are good and no visible signs of oil leakage.
Frankod

Depending on what engine you have, there were problems with the intake/valley pan leaking, try this, take a look down into your throttle body and see if its all gummed up with oil, you will need a flashlight

CHEVYII