ALTERNATOR ISSUES

Dodge Ram

Hi gang, just a quick question, I have an 03' Dodge Ram 1500 (2 wheel drive)with the 5.7 liter Hemi engine and the amperage drops when I go over 2500 RPM and it will go back up when I let off the gas and get back to a lower RPM (2000 or so). It doesn't do it while hitting the gas in park in neutral. I took it to a local auto store and they tested the alternator and battery and said it was " good" Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Swartzsgt

I took it to a local auto store and they tested the alternator and battery and said it was " good". Did they use the VAT machine or just the old fast way the voltmeter.

Have them full field the alternator meaning bypassing the regulator to let it throw everything its got. If it continues the alternator has internal defects if it stops the regulator has a problem.

Could also be the computer not controlling the regulator depends on the charging system design.

Double check all the connections at the battery and alternator.