99 SERPENTINE BELT-RELATED PROBLEM

1999 Dodge Ram

I began to hear screeching in my engine with occasional clicking at random times. I thought the screeching was the belt and replaced it because it showed signs of wear. However, the same sounds are still there. There is no leak from the water pump and the A/C does not seem to be the problem because the sounds continue when all air is off. I noticed that the serpentine belt seems to oscillate as it passes the water pump pulley (moving left and right on the pulley). I can't tell if the shaft the pully is on is bent or if there is something else wrong with it. Could this be the source of the problem? What do I do?
Hawgstruck

You should try and use some belt dressing that can stop the sqreeching.

Rayhut
The screeching could be caused by a week belt tensioner.
If the clicking is really slight, there may be nothing wrong. On some belts, there is a backing on the outside at the splice. This can make a small noise as it goes across the idler.

Xjetmech
Could be one of the pulley bearing is going bad. Take off the belt and check the bearing of each pulley by spinning them by hand then hold the pulley firmly in one hand and check for side play by moving the top and bottom in and out alternately. I have seen many bad bearings after 70,000 miles.

Wesmur