WATER PUMP REPLACEMENT

2001 Dodge Ram

Engine problem
2001 Dodge Ram V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 180000 miles

I need to replace my water pump and in the repair manual it says to loosen the nut that holds the fan clutch with a 34mm fan wrench while using a screwdriver or a wrench to keep the pulley bolts from turning. I cant find the pulley bolts. Which bolts are they referring to? Can I take the fan shroud off before taking the fan assembly apart? That would make it a lot easier to access the pulley area.
Enotah

Your probably using a haynes manual? They make a special spanner wrench to fit in the holes in the pulley that the fan nut is up against. Stick 2 bolts in the pulley holes and then use the screwdrive/ pry bar to stop the pulley from spinning. The spanner wrench looks like a Y, with 1 pin on each leg of the V to fit in the holes. U could make one out of flat bar and make the pins short bolts? Remember the nut turns counter clockwise when facing the front of the engine.I'll try to post a pic?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/133174_spanner_wrench_1.jpg

Slammer
Thank you. I ended up purchasing a pulley belt that wraps around the pulley and then you have to pull the belt in the opposite direction of the wrench and the nut comes loose. THanks for your reply. I am seriously considering getting rid of the vehicle and going with something other than a dodge.

Enotah