NO REVERSE

2001 Dodge Ram

2001 Dodge Ram V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles

After getting stuck in the snow, and making a few unsuccessful attemps to get unstuck, I stopped the truck and got pulled out. Now I have no reverse, I did for awhile but I had to rev the engine up a little to get it to move. Everything else is allright, no slippage or anything. The fluid level is okay, and the fluid is not burnt. Also, I did not hear anything break.I'm lost?
Larry Sanders

Does it slam into reverse when you rev it up or just not want to go until you give it fuel? When I bought my pickup it wouldn't engage into reverse until I accelerated and then it (somewhat violently) engaged and reversed quickly. It was hard to back up just an inch.

I replaced the transmission fluid, filter and adjusted the rear and front kick-down bands with an in-lb torque wrench and that took care of it. The fluid and the transmission pan looked neglected and took a while to clean. I am not sure if the right transmission fluid was even in there! I saw an empty quart of Mercon under the seat that made me extremely nervous.

Just sharing this as a peer, not a mechanic - take it with a grain of salt.

Jalex19100