DIES, WON'T IDLE

2001 Dodge Ram

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram with 99,000 miles with a manual transmission. It started cutting out and stalling. It would sometime be hard to start like it was not getting any gas after it stalled and sometimes would not hold an idle once it starts, but after a few minutes it would. I replaced the fuel pump and not much change. Sometimes it will start, but then it won't hold an idle. Then sometimes it won't start, like it's not getting any fuel. Sometimes it will be running fine, then when you let off the gas, it dies. It will usually start back up, but it may or may not hold an idle.
Jaybjordan

Try the EGR system N PCV valve-or an idle speed control/idle air control valve. Or Throttle psoition sensor.

I have same vehicle that did the same. I changed the IAC valve and that solved it.

Bundy
Turned out to be a bad coild wire. When it was cold and little to no humidity in the air, it ran fine, but when it warmed up it wouldn't run well. Replacing the coil wire fixed it, but I also replaced the other spark plug wires, spark plugs, distributor cap and rotor (both fairly warn). Running better then ever now and a knocking that I would get when climbing or hard acceleration is gone.

Jaybjordan