AC CLUTCH WILL NOT STAY ENGAGED- A/C NOT WOR

2001 Dodge Ram

Air Conditioning problem
2001 Dodge Ram V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles

The AC clutch will not remain engaged in order to continue cooling the truck. It will engage for about 10 minutes when it is first started and driven. Afterwhich it will then disengage. Once it disengages, it will not re-engage. After the truck sits overnight, it will then work again for about the first 10 minutes of driving.
In addition, I have left the truck sitting in my driveway running for 20 and 30 minutes at a time. In these situations the ac clutch will remain engaged and the system continues to cool properly. As soon as it is driven, it will then disengage and stop cooling.
Freon level and pressure seems to be at the correct operating levels. Any ides what the problem could be.
Mmcmains

Hi mmcmains,

Thank you for the donation.

If the freon level and pressure are correct, possibilities for the compressor to not cut in are : 1. Bad compressor magnetic clutch or coil.
2. Bad compressor relay.
3. Excessive compressor clutch clearance.
4. Engine overheating.
5. A bad PCM. The compressor clutch relay is grounded by the PCM to work it.

You would need to test if there is battery voltage at the clutch relay and compressor to understand what is missing.