ABS BRAKES

2001 Dodge Ram

Brakes problem
2001 Dodge Ram Four Wheel Drive Automatic 51000 miles

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 with the V10 engine. It has ABS on all four wheels. When I am coming to a stop sign at about 5mph the ABS kicks in even though I have not locked up the wheels. No brake or ABS lights are on. I put it on a service meter and the front and rear wheels show 3mph when I am parked. Any idea what is causing the ABS to engage?
Jklaiber

Way to tell is ABS needs scanned for DTC's regular pocket scanner won't do need one that can read ABS

Docfixit
I did use a commercial scanner from MAC tools. When you say DTC's what are you referring to.

We did get the following two codes 65 and 67.

65 Power Relay Open
67 Motor Circuit Malfunction

Jklaiber
When you say ABS kicks in does brake pedal pulsate?
Codes indicate fault in CAB/HCU

Docfixit
Yes, the ABS comes on but not until your just about ready to stop. If I brake normally it won't come on till the last 0-5mph. Sometimes if I brake slowly enough it won't do it.

The person I bought if from had replaced the brakes but not the rotors, and he had removed the ABS fuse because of this problem. I have since replaced all four rotors and replaced the fuse. No ABS lights or Brake lights come on.

What does CAB/HCU stand for?

Jklaiber
ABS pump and controller

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/198357_Graphic_3.jpg

Docfixit
I have exactly the same problem.

I have replaced all the ABS sensors with no success. I have been told to replace the ABS Control Module and the HCU Accumulator. Both expensive parts.

Did you cure your problem?

AlanintheUK