FUEL INJECTOR

2000 Dodge Ram

2000 Dodge Ram V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

Hi first off I would like to say this website is the best of its kind. I have a 2000 dodge ram 1500 with a 360 gas engine. I am having problems with my truck misfiring when at idle and also while I am traveling on the highway my truck will just shake out of nowhere and the check engine light will come on. As I read my DTC s it tells me that cylinder #5 missfire. I am just at a remote work site and was wondering if I keep runnning my truck in this state will do more harm. Can it last a couple weeks without having to go back to the mechanics. I just got the truck out of the shop yesterday and had the spark plugs distributor cap and wires done but it still misfires. What do you suggest
Kassidy

Hello kassidy

For a week or two it will be okay to drive. You will have poor fuel mileage and slight loss of power and, eventually, whatever is causing the issue will eventually get worse.
Start diagnosing with inspecting catalytic coverter and the fuel injectors. Flow test the converter and check injectors for proper pulsing. Let me know what you get after tests are performed and I will follow up.

Thanks for using 2CarPros. Com!