2500, KEYLESS ENTRY REMOTE

1999 Dodge Ram

I recently bought 99 dodge ram, that came stock with a keyless entry system, but did not come with a remote, so I purchased a new one, but can't figure out how to program it. Is there a way for me to do it without taking it to the dealer, and with only one brand new remote? Thanks for all your help!
Mmeyer

On this year you will need to take it to the dealer sorry good news is it is very cheap to have done they may even do it for free if you catch the service advisor on a good day if not you should be looking at about 40 dollars labor

Sdalton19
There should be instructions in your owners manual to do this, if it is a factory alarm. Go to a web search engine and look for it, i'm sure the info is there.

Vandragon
Thanks for the help!

Mmeyer
With a good functional key fob, unlock and disarm alarm. Turn the key to
the run position only, dont start the vehicle. With a good key fob, press
the unlock button for 4 seconds, while holding the unlock button, press and
relaease the panic button, A chime should be heard thru the Body controll
module, now the RKE module is ready to recieve the new key fob signal.
Within 30 seconds of the chime press and release the lock and unlock button
at the same time on the transmittor to be programmed. Then press any other
button on the remote. The chime should activate again letting you know that
the signal was recieved.

Vandragon
Thanks, but I don't have a working key fob. Only the brand new one, so I think I will probably just end up at the dealer! : )

Mmeyer
Hence my original quote

Sdalton19
At least I gave info for others to use. Find me the hence in " car repair fourm" if your going to come in here, at least try to help and not burn your own ass with a royal flame!

Vandragon
Ok I didnt really understand that but here helping not arguing however if you wouldve read his original comment and have ever actually worked for chrysler you wouldve known what to tell him thats all I was trying to say anymore comments you might have may be directed at me personally through my email thanks

Sdalton19