GAS IN OIL

1998 Dodge Ram

1998 Dodge Ram V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 94,000 miles

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport with the 5.9 360 engine and 90,000 miles. Had a tuneup and oil change done on the same day. After the tuneup the truck was not running right. No low end power. So I took it to another garage I trust and they told me the following:
1. NONE of the 8 plugs were gapped correctly. ALL were either way over or way under.
2. 3 plugs were fouling
3. 1 or 2 plug wires were not on the plugs correctly and were not arcing right.
I had them put in new factory recommended plugs, watched them set the correct gap, and watched as the redid my wires correctly. Truck came back to life. Forgot to have them check oil. But why would I as it was just changed 3 maybe 4 days prior?
Ok. 2 and a half weeks go by, seeing my oil pressure is a little low and has been since the oil change, I finally I check my oil. It is too high and smells like gas. Here is the question: Can driving for a few days with fouling plugs cause the gas int he oil, or is the engine done?
D3m0n1k

Chances are the fuel is there because the engine wasn't burning the fuel when you had trouble. As a result, it made its way into the oil. I would recommend changing it ASAP to prevent damage to the rod and main bearings.