1500 WILL START SOMETIMES

1997 Dodge Ram

Hello My name is Travis I have a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 with 159,100 miles on it its a 5.2L V8, Just recently I have been having problems starting it, When I go to start it it makes a click sound and the dome lights inside will go out as well, I didnt know what could be doing this, I just got a new battery not to long ago, and the terminals are on there tightly, When I put the terminals on there after I got a new battery I put the lubricant on there so they would slide on there easily, I didnt know if this would be making this happen. If you could help me I would appreciate it very much. Thanks. Travis
Volstbone

Hi Travis,

It would be good to remove those cables, clean any lube you put on thoroughly, use what ever will cut the lube you used (brake clean?), Wire brush the cable ends as well as the battery posts, reconnect them. You can seal them on the outside with vasaline or battery sealer, but keep the inside connection clean. This may or may not be the final solution, but need to start there : )