DODGE RAM ENGINE PROBLEM

1996 Dodge Ram

I have a 1996 dodge ram with automatic tranny, and a manual push button for over drive. It drives fine on the highway until about 50, then it gets rough and you have to push it into manual over drive? What could be causing this? HELP?
Kaalva

Have any codes? Is the check engine/service engine soon light on?

Vampyrico
Yes the service engine light is on? AAHHHH!

Kaalva
Give your ignition switch a quick on off on off on. If you have an acc. Selection on your ignition it would be acc on acc on acc on. After that it should blink some. Like blink blink (pause) blink blink blink. Which would be 23. Long pauses are a switch to a diff number. Sry if its confusing.

Vampyrico
What is the whole on off thing suppose to do? I am wondering if it could be my Tranny, or possibly a sesnor? Whatcha think?

Kaalva
Its something in your transmission. Like a temperature sensor, maybe not, but its def in the trans. When a car gets to a certain speed something is to click over in the tranny to allow for more efficient driving. Something inside yours isnt doing that automatically. Have a highly trusted shop take a look at it.
Also the on off deal is to get computer codes directly from your computer. Via the service engine light.

Vampyrico
Thank you sooooo much, I will get it looked at

Kaalva