STRATUS 4-DOOR SXT/ KNOCKING SOUND FROM FRONT OF

2004 Dodge Other

I've got a 2004 Dodge Stratus at about 77,000 miles. Within the past few months, I've noticed a " knocking" sound coming from the front of the vehicle. It sounds like it's coming from the driver's side. The sound begins about twenty minutes into my 45min commute and remains constant (about 5-10 second intervals) for the remainder of the trip. I feel it in the steering wheel as well.

I've had 2 people look at it. Including the local Dodge dealership and none could find a problem. I think it is a problem in the axle area or with the suspension. The problem happens regardless of speed. Anywhere from 20 MPH to 80 MPH. The only time I don't hear it is when I am turning. Either right or left.

Does anyone have any input? Cost of repair? Etc?

Thanks in advance for any input.

-Eric
Esg970