MODELS VOLTAGE REGULATOR

1990 Dodge Other

1990 Other Dodge Models V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 180000 miles

Hello
I need a little help. I am trying to locate the voltage regulator on a dodge D150 V8. Where is it at?
Is it located on the computer? I think that mine is bad and causing no charge to my battery.
Thank you for all you help in advance
Steve
Badger0269

The voltage regulator circuitry shows to be in the pcm. With everything turned off, is the alternator bat terminal hot?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_90_dodge_1.jpg

With the engine running the field terminals are hot, one is B+ the other has a pulse.

Thanks for the info that is where I thought that iis where it would be. I took a DMM to the b terminal and field terminal and I got my battery reading. Then I started it up and got no reading on the dmm at thsoe same terminals. Also after starting it I get check engine light codes 12 (which I have been disconnecting battery alot) and code 41.
IIt is a new alternator and a battery less than 4 months old

Badger0269
I'm not sure which terminals, had no voltage with the engine running? B+ to the alternator field comes from the ignition switch. The other field terminal is ground, pulsed by the computer.

I had one wire from dmm connected to the B+ terminal and one cable of the dmm to the field terminal and with vehicle running I no longer got a voltage reading there. Maybe I am missunderstanding how tho check to make sure that the alternator is out putting the proper voltage to the battery.

Badger0269
Use separate engine ground, to ground the meter. Test the bat terminal and field terminals one at a time, engine running.

Okay I tried that with engine running I got the same voltage at the 2 field terminals and at the b+ terminal it was 12.6 volts+/-. There was no change in the voltage also when I stepped on the gas to increase the rpms.
Thanks for all the info you have given me so far

Badger0269
If there is no pulse on that one field terminal, it's either the wiring circuit or pcm.

Thank you for all your help and time. I will look at all the wiring hope that is where its at.
Once again I really appriciate all you help

Badger0269