WHEELS SEEM TO LOCK/DRAG

Dodge Neon

Hello. I have a 2002 Dodge Neon SXT. The problem that I am having has occured about 3 times in the past year and always happens like this:
I reverse out of my parking space and put the car in drive. I drive (slowly) for a few seconds and all of a sudden the wheels seem to lock up. The car feels like it is being dragged and leaves skid marks on both sides. If I stop and try to drive, it continues to drag, but then leaves skid marks only on the left side. It feels like the left back wheel. I have to put the car in reverse and then it will drive normal. The brake light on the dash does not go on, and I never use my parking brake. Brakes have been checked, I've had new tires put on since the first time this has happened. I don't know if relevant, but when this happens & I put the car from park to reverse, the car " jumps". If you have any advice or ideas I would so much appreciate it. THANK YOU! : )
Chicablanquita88

What kind of brakes are on the back im not too farmiliar with dodge

Syncrait
It has power disc brakes on the front and drum on the back.

Thanks!

Wendy

Chicablanquita88